"But those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9


WARNING:
Some posts in this Blog may contain details that some would consider TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It gives you much insight into the mind and heart of a young woman who is (as Jared calls me) BABY CRAZY.


Read at your own risk and Enjoy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

HSG and Colorado

This will be a long one! I will post some pics here but if you want to see all of my pics from Colorado, make sure to visit our web site. I also do not have all of my pictures on my computer yet because my camera got full and I had to unload some onto Brian's lap top, which also means that most of my pics here are from the last part of the trip. I don't know when I will be able to get those off of his computer but, I will be sure and post them as soon as I do.

First off, the HSG went excellent, PRAISE THE LORD! Everything was perfect and as it should be. Hopefully this will be just the thing we need in order to conceive, God willing. It wasn't too painful, just a brief minute or two of discomfort, but then it was done. I am glad and relieved that it is over and done with and it looked great. It was pretty amazing to see that dye flow up my uterus and through my tubes.. just kinda weird to see your "innards" like that. Jared came to the appt. with me and followed me to the door where the nurse called my name but, the nurse very nicely told Jared that he could not come back with me. I really wanted Jared there by my side but, I did just fine. I think he would have liked to see the x-ray scan as well.
Onto the Colorado trip.. We had a blast! Dad, Mom, Jared and I started off Thursday morning at 5:00 in Dad's Dodge Ram with the snowmobiles in tow. We made a few stops along the way and landed in Grand Lake approximately 12 hours later. Lisa made a delicious Spaghetti dinner and we got settled in. Jared and I spent the next 4 nights on the most uncomfortable hide-a-bed with a plastic cover on the mattress that made me sweat.

Friday morning when everyone awoke, I started a pancake breakfast. They weren't very pretty and were too brown but, they filled everyone's tummy. Frying pancakes has proven to not be my "thing".. it is hard cooking on a new stove and new cookware and not to mention the ridiculous spatchela that I had to use. Oh well.. once my mom stepped in to help, things went a little smoother.

Shortly after breakfast was finished, the boys and Lisa ventured off on the first snowmobile ride of the trip. Mom and I stayed behind with the kids. Ashley and I were able to play in the snow and make a run to the grocery store while Mom and Andrew took a short nap.

When everyone returned and got cleaned up, we all piled into Brian and Lisa's minivan to make the short drive into town to do some shopping. Grand Lake is a beautiful little town with the cutest little shops.

Friday night, I redeemed my cooking skills and made my delicious taco chili. Everyone was happy again.

Saturday morning came soon enough and breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, hasbrowns and toaster biscuits. Much better than my brown (yet still uncooked in the middle) pancakes. Later on we made our way to the sledding hill. This was so much fun! Ashley had a great time and kept saying "One more time, one more time!" Even Andrew got to enjoy this event. After sledding, we ate at the most delicious Mexican Restuarant.. we sure have done a lot of eating this trip!

When we returned to the condo, we all got to enjoy a short nap. Later on, the boys went to the grocery store and purchased some cobbler and Yahtzee and also picked up our Pizza dinner. The eating continues.

The next day, Sunday, was the last full day that we had to spend in Grand Lake. We had cereal for breakfast and then went to the Coffee shop for a morning drink. Brian and Dad then took off on their last snowmobile ride this trip while the rest of us hung out at the condo and watched "The Kitty Cat movie" (or Titty Tat movie as Ashley would pronounce it) with the kids. Later on, we went shopping again in Grand Lake and then also returned there for a dinner out.

We awoke around 4:15 on Monday morning and packed up all of the remaining items that were not packed the night before. We were out the door and on the road back home a little after 5 AM. We made a stop for breakfast at McDonalds and then later ate lunch at Arby's where Andrew got to enjoy his first ever Chocolate Milkshake.

When we returned to Independence and after we left Mom and Dad's with all of our belongings, Jared and I picked up the pugs from Gary and Judy's. They were so excited that we were home and we were so happy to be back. No more trips planned for a while now! January has been a very busy month!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I'm lol right now about your CO trip! I love how you talked more about food than anything else! You're making me hungry! I'll pass on the pancakes though ;)