"But those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9


WARNING:
Some posts in this Blog may contain details that some would consider TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It gives you much insight into the mind and heart of a young woman who is (as Jared calls me) BABY CRAZY.


Read at your own risk and Enjoy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Our appointment!

Our appointment went pretty well today.

The Dr. came into his office where we were waiting and first just introduced himself. He was a very nice man with quite a sense of humor. He made us feel very comfortable and we talked very openly with him.

He first started asking about our background and what tests we've had so far. At that point, I handed him a printout that I had done up that detailed each of my cycles and also Jared's semen analysis results. I went on to tell him about my progesterone level that was checked and also my HSG. Right away, he could see some issues with my cycle. Namely, my late ovulation pattern and my short luteal phases. I was so excited that he recognized this because those were the same things that I was concerned about. He also commented on my knowledge of my cycle and fertility issues and asked me "Now, why do you need me?" haha. funny.

He was not too impressed with Jared's semen analysis and said that while it is within a "normal" range, it is closer to the bottom of that range and combined with my cycle problems, he could see why we have been having some issues with TTC.

So, what we are going to do is this:
I need to have some blood drawn so we can do some more tests. The Dr. wants to check a couple different hormone levels to see if it may indicate PCOS. I might have 1 or 2 possible symptoms of this disorder but, maybe not. Hopefully we can rule that out but, if not.. I think it is still workable. I will probably get my blood drawn early next week.

Next step is to call the nurse line as soon as my next period starts (please Lord, let me be pregnant this month). If my period does come again, I am going to start Clomid. I will start out at 50MG on days 3-7. I will visit the Dr. again on days 13 or 14 and have an ultrasound to check out the size of my eggs. If there is one (or more) that is mature, they will give me an HCG shot to induce ovulation. We will be instructed to have intercourse that night since I will be ovulating and then we wait.

We will go through 2 cycles of this. If we are still not pg after 2 Clomid cycles, he wants to move us onto IUI's.

That's all that we talked about so far today and I think that is enough. haha. Both Jared and I feel really good about this though and are ready to do whatever it takes.

Another thing we discussed is that I had some mid-cycle spotting yesterday on CD 13. I have never had this before. I came home from work and noticed some pink but, it was gone by bed time and I haven't seen anything since. The Dr. said that it could be 1 of 2 things. Some women experience mid-cycle spotting before ovulation because the hormone estrogen dips and that could cause a small amount of spotting. Another reason could mean that my uterine lining quality is poor and that it is already starting to shed. Since I haven't noticed any more spotting, I doubt that it is my uterine lining but, who knows. I hope that I am just getting ready to ovulate. I have been having somewhat fertile signs by my CM and CP but my OPKs are still really faint. I haven't taken an OPK yet tonight but, I will in about another hour or so.

Well, that's all for now. I am having good thoughts that we will be preggers in the next few months :) Keep those prayers coming!

7 comments:

Anna said...

I was thinking about you today! I am so glad your appointment went well and you have a plan! As always you are in our prayers!

Laura said...

I am so glad things went well and that you are happy with what the dr had to say. We are all praying for your BFP.

Liam and Graham said...

Great to read about your appointment Amy, of course I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Sounds like you found a good doc! I am excited there will be a BFP for you soon!
- Dani

Jamie said...

So glad you had a good appointment. I was thinking of you yesterday and checked your blog quite a few times waiting on an update. You are always in my prayers!!!

Staci said...

Yay for an awesome appointment! I'm so glad that his dr. is proactive! We'll be prayin'!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

That's great Amy! I was just thinking of you! Sounds like things are going well and this doctor has great plans! I'm praying so hard for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all the info about your appt. I pray everynight for you Amy! God hears our prayers and he knows that you want to be pg. I love you!