"But those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9


WARNING:
Some posts in this Blog may contain details that some would consider TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It gives you much insight into the mind and heart of a young woman who is (as Jared calls me) BABY CRAZY.


Read at your own risk and Enjoy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, April 26, 2007

April Showers..

..and some pretty flowers.


I was finally able to get some flowers planted for the spring. Sorry the pictures aren't great. It was raining and I really didn't want me or my camera out there very long.

Well, not much new here. AF was nice for me this cycle, but I still seem to have small episodes of extremely light spotting every now and then. I was pretty much done with AF on CD 4 though. I have never had one that short.

My follicle scan is on Monday. I think my sister-in-law will be going with me. If she can't then my mom will. Jared can't come this time and it's not like I need someone there with me, but my SIL is very interested in all this and so is my mom. They both think it'd be really neet to see the scan.

I may be going car shopping on Saturday. My Sable is 8 years old and we want to get a new car for me before a baby comes. Just have to decide if we want to go ahead and buy a different car now or wait until I am closer to the end of my pregnancy. We are thinking of getting either a minivan or small SUV like a Ford Escape. Moms.. what would you recommend? I am not opposed to a minivan, but I do kinda lean towards an SUV a little more. If we do go for a minivan, we will wait until I am actually pregnant before we get one. Ideas???

6 comments:

Kristy said...

ok so i am against the whole minivan thing (esp for 1 kid!!) but then again, thats me! ha!i am not a minivan type..so...i say SUV! MUCH cooler to drive!(think hot soccer mom!! haha) ;)
our friends have a Honda Pilot & the Susuki XL7 & they both love them. But there is always that Volvo XC90 which i am quite partial too ;) heehe....

Staci said...

DON'T get the Escape. We rented one in CO and the 4wd sucked! I'd go SUV if it's affordable...but the minivans sure look good on the checkbook.

Liam and Graham said...

Take a look at the Subarus - I have a Forester, which is like a little mini SUV, and the all-wheel-drive is GREAT. So is having all that room in the back! Subarus are also rated extremely well for safety.
- Dani

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't get a minivan for 1 kid. Go with the Escape, we have had two and love them. They get around really well in the snow and ice and when its dry. All around a good SUV, that is why we got another one. Plus there is plenty of room. We have taken it on severals trips and its done really well.
Melissa

Kristy said...

FYI: the ford escape platform has been canceled for future land rover projects due to the engine shutting off at freeyways spds then the most recent one was for the electronics for the anit-lock disc brakes (they could cause fire)!!! yikes!!!
i don't think its silly have two SUVs, i wish rj had one so we could both have extra space. i understand the whole minivan thing, you can't beat the space & practicallity of them. but for me, i am just not a fan. but if you do decide to go that route, spend the extra cash and get the upgraded sienna. our friends have one and its rad as far as extras goes! =)
HTH!

Amy said...

Kristy- Thanks for posting about that. My manager at work also has an Escape and says that hers was recalled because of the brakes. She has to take it in to get it fixed. We had an Escape in 2000 and really liked it. I'm glad you like yours, Melissa.