I was woken up at 3:30 this morning to bad cramps and AF. Not a fun way to start out the day. But, I have a new attitude going into this cycle.
I want to give this to God, but how do I do that? It is so easy to say it, but how do I actually go about placing it in his hands?? Does it mean that I stop fertility treatments, stop tracking my cycle and just let it happen when it happens? I don't know what the answer is but if anyone has any ideas, please share.
I'll update later when I make the baseline appt. to make sure things are good to go for this cycle. Pray for no cysts!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
It's so easy to say that you're giving something to God...but so much harder to do. I don't necessarily think it means stopping treatments (it is God that gave the dr's the abilities to come up with the fertility treatments)...however what controls your thoughts? During the 2ww what was my mind consumed with? It was consumed with one thought, "Am I pg?!?" During one of those 2ww's I realized how much of my thoughts were focused on that one phrase...and how little of my thought time was focused on Christ! In other words...I was making becoming pg and idol in my life! If you can spend just 1/2 the time in the Word and talking with God about your relationship with him (not just begging for a baby) that you used to spend focusing on the thought "Am I pg?"...I think it's a start for "letting go and letting God".
Don't know if that makes sense or not. It's so hard to give God the controls...it's a daily thing.
Staci - you always say the best things.
I can't say anything after that except a phrase a close friend always tells me "God wouldn't have brought you to it if he isn't going to get you through it."
Prayers to you!
Amy, I keep thinking about what you went through with Abby and the decisions you had to make then. I think Staci is right it's a day to day thing and I think sometimes an hour to hour struggle. I think something like this takes alot of prayer. Maybe a group of us could fast together. I'd be willing to do that.
Oh Amy! I am so sorry! It is harder to really leave it in His hands. But I agree that you should focus more of your thoughts on Him instead of worrying about getting/being PG. It is a daily stuggle so focus on one day at a time. I'll keep praying for you to continue to give you guys strenth & encouragement!
hugs!
I don't know the answers for you Amy, only you do. And I believe it to be what God leads you to do. I will be praying that you are comforted during this time and that you will have an answer to your question!
Steph - Great idea! If y'all decide to do a fast/prayer time...please let me know! I want to join y'all.
Staci- I hate to do this, but my husband and I are going on vacation for a week. When we get back I'll post and we can do it then. We could still pray. Why don't we set a time, say 10:00 a.m. Missouri time and everyone that wants to can join in. We can start tomorrow morning (tuesday the 2nd) Is that OK? Let me know if another time would work better.
Post a Comment