"But those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9


WARNING:
Some posts in this Blog may contain details that some would consider TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It gives you much insight into the mind and heart of a young woman who is (as Jared calls me) BABY CRAZY.


Read at your own risk and Enjoy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

The results are in..

I had my blood test this morning and they confirmed I am PREGNANT!!
My HCG is at 76 and my progesterone is at 22. HCG needs to be at least above 5 in order to be pregnant, so I am well above that.

My nurse said that my progesterone level kinda concerned her because it was 136 when I had my blood drawn on Friday. She thinks it could just be because I had taken my prometrium pill so close to when I had my blood drawn this morning that it hadn't been absorbed yet. I take my prometrium (which is a progesterone supplement) at 9 AM and 9 PM. On Friday, I had my blood drawn around 11:30 and today I had it at 9:30, so that's probably why there's a big difference.

Still, she wants me to continue taking 1 prometrium pill in the morning and up my dose to 2 pills at night and see how I do on that.

My next blood draw is on Thursday and I will get those results back the following day.

We also scheduled my first ultrasound and that will be on April 14 at 9:15 AM. 3 weeks from today.

I also discussed the spotting that I had on Saturday with her. She said it could be various things, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with the pregnancy. She said that really high progesterone levels can cause spotting. My level at 136 on Friday is considered very high. She said while they don't like to say that spotting is "normal," it certainly is very common. She said it's nothing to be concerned about though, unless it turns into a red flow, accompanied by cramping, so I think we are in the clear there.

I found a nifty little HCG calculator online and plugged in my HCG level at 76 and it says I am on the "high" end. YAY!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

YAY!!! I love the new banner for your blog! YAY YAY YAY!