"But those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9


WARNING:
Some posts in this Blog may contain details that some would consider TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It gives you much insight into the mind and heart of a young woman who is (as Jared calls me) BABY CRAZY.


Read at your own risk and Enjoy!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Break

Well, I just talked to my Dr's nurse and she thinks I should take a month off. The main reason is because my fertile time will fall on Memorial Day weekend and they are closed that weekend and won't be able to do an IUI for me. They also will only give me 3 cycles on the meds (which was news to me) and they want me to have the best shot at our next cycle, so we are taking this month off of meds. We will be trying all naturale again. If AF comes, we will start the meds again on my next cycle and do an IUI. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what our next step will be.

I don't really know how I feel about this. I am disappointed, but kind of happy at the same time. I know the Lord's timing is everything and perhaps this is all a part of his plan. I know he is listening to our prayers! Thank you so much for your continued support. I was hoping this stuff would have worked by now.

I bought some pregnancy tests off of ebay this morning. I am getting 30 test strips for $9.25. That comes out to a little less that 30 cents per test. hahaha I can't wait till they get here and I can go crazy with testing.


Edited to add.. I called my nurse back because I forgot to ask her for my progesterone results and they were 22.4!!! WOOHOO!!!

I talked to her a little more about the medications we could try and also clarified the "3 cycles" thing. She said that they will only give the oral medications for 3 months. If there is no success, I will go back in for a consultation with the Dr. and we will talk about other different medication options, such as follistim. These would require me to give myself shots for a period of days and they have a very high chance of multiples. Chances are increased by 30-40%, compared to Clomid's 5-10%.

She thinks that the Dr. will try me on a different medication next cycle called Femara. It is very similar to Clomid, except that it will not affect my lining. I have googled Femara in the past because I knew this was a possibility and I was finding some scary stuff on it, but she assured me that those studies are done on women who are already pregnant, where I would be taking it before a pregnancy occurs. That made me feel a little better.

So, that is our plan now. Pray that we just get a BFP on our break cycle!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are already crazy with testing haha. I am praying for you :)

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Jared right now! ((HUGS))

Sapphire

Laura said...

I am glad the nurse clarified things to you. A friend of mine just became pregnant with follistim (however you spell it!). Hopefully it will happen this natural month!! I love the pack of tests you bought!!

Staci said...

Hmmm. Didn't the pencil test say twins for you?!? So follistim increases those chances?!? I'm still prayin' it'll happen this month...but if not...I'm betting on twins! ;)

Amy said...

Stac- The pencil test said Boy, then TWINS!!!