Yep.. that's right.. I need surgery.
So, I went to my u/s this morning and my lining still looked kinda thick in one area. So, the technician showed it to my nurse and she said she wanted the Dr. to look at it. My Dr. then suggested a sonohysterogram, which is when they carefully push sterile solution into my uterus and then perform an u/s at the same time. When the solution went into my uterus, my uterus expanded, allowing us to see what all was going on in there, and that's when they saw a "growth" that was attached to the wall of my uterus. The Dr. called it a "Polyp" . Of course, when anyone mentions the word "growth," you automatically think cancer, but the Dr. assured me that in very rare cases, these can be pre-malignant, but that I should not be concerned.
So, this could explain why we haven't been getting pregnant. But, it seems to me that we should have seen this before on some of my prior u/s's, if it has been there for a while.
Well, anyways, my surgery is scheduled for Dec. 28th. I have the whole week of Christmas scheduled off anyways, so it works out well. I just didn't realize I would be spending my Christmas break recovering from surgery :( In addition to removing the polyp, the Dr. also suggested performing a diagnostic laparoscopy to check on the outsides of my uterus and check for any growths or endo on the outskirts of my innards (if that makes sense). The Dr. and nurse were very happy that I came in again today, and I am too.
I am hopeful that we can get it all cleared up and we will be pregnant very soon after all this. Thanks so much for all the prayers. I know God is in control of all this, it's amazing to see him at work.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am sorry you have to go through surgery, but hopefully this will clear things up for getting pregnant soon afterwards!!
Post a Comment