I had the injection class today. It was pretty overwhelming and I wish I would have had Jared there with me, but I didn't think it was necessary for him to be there. The Follistim injections seem very easy and fool-proof, but the HCG injection (to make me ovulate) is the scarier one and the nurse recommends I have someone else give it to me.
Here is the Follistim Pen which I will use to administer to Follistim injections.
Here is the wealth of information that was given to me:

We will be trying to find a nurse in our neighborhood who would be willing to give it to me, or we have a few family friends who are nurses, but they live at least 20 minutes. If worst comes to worst, we can drive the 20 minutes, but I hope we have a neighbor that can do it for us. The nurses can't do it this time because it needs to be administered exactly 36 hours before the IUI and it will need to be done around 9 or 10 at night.
The schedule with these injections is alot more intense, as far as Dr's appt's and ultrasounds/bloodwork goes. I made a word doc for myself to keep everything straight. But, it looks something like this:
CD:
1- Call Nurses 816-444-6888 x1203 to schedule u/s and lab. Tests will be on either days 1,
2, 3 or 4 and must be scheduled before 11:30.
· Lab: Estrogen less than 50, FSH less than 10
2- (u/s-lab)
3- Injection, same time every evening between 5 and midnight (u/s-lab)
4- Injection, (u/s-lab)
5- Injection
6- Injection
7- Injection
8- Return to Dr. for another u/s-lab. May be instructed to do HCG shot. If HCG shot is
administered, Intercourse is suggested.
9-
10- IUI
11- 1 DPO IUI. Progesterone
12- 2 DPO IUI. Progesterone
13- 3 DPO IUI. Progesterone
14- 4 DPO IUI. Progesterone
15- 5 DPO IUI. Progesterone
16- 6 DPO IUI. Progesterone
17- 7 DPO IUI. Progesterone
18- 8 DPO IUI. Progesterone. Blood draw
19- 9 DPO IUI. Progesterone
20- 10 DPO IUI. Progesterone
21- 11 DPO IUI. Progesterone
22- 12 DPO IUI. Progesterone
23- 13 DPO IUI. Progesterone
24- 14 DPO IUI, Progesterone
It's alot to remember, but I'm sure once I start, it won't seem so bad.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if I don't even have to start these injections?


4 comments:
It will be absolutely wonderful if you don't have to start these injections!!!
Crazy! I'm glad you made the Word doc. to keep it all straight! I hope you don't have to use it though.
I will pray that in a couple weeks you will know that you don't have to think about those shots ever again.
I have been thinking about you and will keep you in my prayers! Hope that you won't have to do the injections.
Post a Comment